Most experts say that it is possible to get a good night's sleep if you make minor adjustments. There are no drugs
involved, just an individual being constant. Below you will find eight simple ways to get the rest your mind and body needs. Try using them
for six weeks and see if it works for you. You might see that you get a better, deeper and sounder sleep.
1. Keeping A Schedule: The human body needs a normal sleep
pattern. Try to go to bed and get up at the same times every day. That includes no daytime napping or sleeping in on the weekends. If you
cannot fall asleep, within thirty minutes, get out of bed and do something that is quiet and you enjoy. Do not allow yourself go to asleep
outside the bedroom. When you feel you are ready to sleep, go back to your bedroom and try again. If you need to you can repeat this process.
2. Dressing For Sleep: Put on whatever clothes you feel relaxed in when you go to sleep. Our body temperature
has been found to drop prior to falling asleep. The temperature will rise again during the night and it will drop down before you awake.
You might like to wear light pj's rather then heavy ones. Remember that you should make sure that the pj's your children wear are fire
3. Your Mattress: You might want to consider upgrading your
mattress. This will give your body the support it needs in order to relax. It has been seen that most people who have a good, firm bed are
able to have a relaxing sleep.
4. Prebed Workouts: Exercising a few hours before going to be has been seen to help a human being have a good
nights sleep. Tiring physical activity done too close to bedtime may make you feel wired.
5. The Television: It has been found that children and adults who have the most sleep disturbances usually have
a television in their room. These individuals will usually use the television when they have trouble falling asleep. When that occurs, they
usually get involved in a television program and stay up until the end.
6. Getting Buzzed: You should stay away from cigarettes, caffeine and alcoholic beverages four to six hours before
bedtime. Caffeine stimulates the brain. When that occurs the human being usually has difficulties falling asleep. Cigarettes and alcohol can
help you to fall asleep faster, but it can shorten your deep sleep time and cause you to wake up during the night.
7. Detoxing Your Bedroom: Get free of distressing sounds and light. If your alarm clock has illuminated numbers,
put a cloth over it. By turning down your thermostat, you will help to
lower your body temperature. Lower body temperature promotes sleep. You should only use your bed for sleep and sexual activity. By decorating
your room with gentle shades of blue and green, your mind has a better chance of relaxing and allowing you to sleep. It has been seen that red,
orange, and yellow can stimulate the human mind and body and delay you from falling a sleep.
8. A Sleep Snack: A sleep snack is a low-fat, low calorie carbohydrate snack. This can help you to fall asleep and
have a good nights sleep.
Burn Survivors Throughout The World, Inc. advises that you should discuss the above with
your your doctor. He or she can give you the best advice for your mind and body.